Not Matte Finish
Been using it for the last 3 days and so far I notice it doesn't have a matte finish. I thought will have since it's for oily skin.
Besides that, the formula feels nice on my skin, I have no bad reactions to it. I do see some oils coming through on my T-zone, but not criminal.
I'll use it every day and update my review if results change with every day use.
PS: when I received the shipment, the box where moisturizer goes was broken (like in the picture) but the item was not damaged. Just want to mention so the company is more careful when shipping, to avoid any losses or angry customers.
Happy Skin :)
- The Product: La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair Matte Face Moisturizer — daily face lotion
- Intended Consumer: Oily and sensitive skin
- Formula: Gel-cream hybrid, oil-free, noncomedogenic
- Desired Effect: Reduces visible shine, hydrates, blurs pores
- Who: 31-year-old skincare novice, fair complexion
- My Skin-Type: Combination (overall oily with dry patches, some moderate adult acne)
- Time Used: ~1.5 months, more or less
- Location: Chicago, IL USA — urban environment
- Season: Late fall/winter
- Stand-Out Ingredients:
* Prebiotic thermal water: Water sourced from La Roche-Posay, France (contains elements & minerals, plus a natural antioxidant called selenium) Soothe the skin and acts as a base for the formula as a whole
* Perlite: (Volcanic rock powder) Absorbs water or oil and can give the skin a matte appearance
* Silica: (Naturally-occurring component of clay) Absorbs oils and gives skin a silky feel with a soft finish effect
* Ceramide-3: (A lipid in the skin) Helps repair the skin barrier after ~1-hour
* Niacinamide: (A water-soluble form of vitamin b3) Helps to minimize visible pores, improve skin texture and reduces fine lines
* I used this moisturizer as part of skin-cycling regimen. I applied the lotion first thing in the morning after rinsing my face with water.
* Initial Observations: Applied easily, absorbed quickly with no color-cast— initially left skin feeling "tight" but not in a dry/painful way— observed a noticeable blurring/smoothing effect
* Feel: Non-greasy, ultra lightweight, smooth and soft, not sticky
* Benefits: This was a great morning moisturizer, especially when having a makeup-free/bare-face type of day. It almost acts as a soft-blurring primer and leaves the skin looking naturally clean and smooth.
* Issues: This could definitely be a user-error, but I noticed that the circumference of my face had some hard-to-see "residue" left after the moisturizer absorbed and dried down. I'm sure that this is simply a build-up of the perlite/silica powders within the formula. I think my skin currently doesn't have enough "oil" for the absorption ingredients to soak up. Especially during winter in Chicagoland, my skin tends to be much drier than it would be in the summer months. Anyway, to remedy the "pilling," I used a wet cotton-round and wiped it easily away.
- Recommendation: This would be a perfect moisturizer for anyone who has a consistently oily complexion and/or in hot/humid climates or settings. I could also see this lotion being the perfect product for anyone who prefers to be bare-faced throughout the day, as it does give an overall smoothing/blurring effect.
I would buy this product again a and again and again'
I have been looking for a really long time to find a moisturizer that doesn't make my face feel greasy and look oily. This is the one. I am so happy I took a chance because my skin is sensitive to switching but not with this. No new breakouts either.
DONT BUY pilled and not a true matte !!!!!
Well this is not worth anyone's money!!! One pilling on plain skin forget about layering it's even worse. Only matte for the first thirty minutes while drying then it's pretty much the same as any day moisturizer with a little oil control but nothing to talk about. Third it doesn't feel hydrating even for a matte moisturizer. Returning immediately, haven't been so surprised in a product being this bad that's so suggested.
Great for Sensitive Skin
I purchase this product for my husband, who has eczema and combination skin and loves it. The moisturizer lasts all day; it is fast absorbing and matte. I appreciate that this line of products has ingredients for different skin conditions and sensitive skin, unlike other pharmacy products that are way too expensive and don't even work.
So far so good
I have very oily/acne prone skin and has difficulties finding gel moisturizer for aging skin that doesn't cause breakouts or feel greasy. I have been using Clinique Gel Moisturizer for 2 decades now and as I age, I feel that I should get a moisturizer that will help tackle some of my other problem areas like I skin texture, discoloration & fine lines. This moisturizer has Niacimide and Ceramide—which complements the rest of my skincare better.
My fav moisturizer
I have oily skin & use this everyday! It keeps my skin from getting super oily throughout the day & has helped with acne! Almost instant results after using it has helped cleared my skin. I use under makeup too & it keeps it in place all day! I will continue buying this.