Happy returns are our style
Wrong shade? Not right for your hair? We understand things happen, which is why Ulta Beauty is dedicated to making the return process beautifully simple for you. We're all about bringing you a top shopping experience from start to finish. If you're not completely satisfied with a product for any reason, just return it to any Ulta Beauty store for a full refund or exchange.
First, a few details:
- Returns must be accompanied by all original components.
- Lost your receipt? No problem! We are able to locate purchases made using your Ultamate Rewards member ID or ulta.com account.
- Returns with a gift receipt can be exchanged for different product or an in-store credit.
- If you are unable to return the product with its receipt and we are unable to verify the original purchase price of the product, your refund will be in the form of an in-store credit equal to the lowest selling price at which the product was sold by Ulta Beauty during the 90-day period preceding the return. Guests will be asked to provide a valid government issued ID (i.e. driver's license, state or military ID).
- In order to offer the best shopping and product-return experience to as many guests as possible, Ulta Beauty reserves the right to limit returns if we have reason to suspect misuse of our generous Returns Policy (such as excessive returns, reseller activity, or fraud).
- Items purchased from other retailers, dealers or resellers and not directly from Ulta Beauty are not eligible for return, refund or exchange, including Ulta Beauty at Target.
- Purchases made at Ulta Beauty or ulta.com may not be returned or exchanged at an Ulta Beauty at Target location.
- Single-use coupons used on your original purchase cannot be returned.
- Gift cards cannot be returned in exchange for cash.
- A full refund will be issued on a return that included a free product or gift, providing the return is within 60 days of original purchase.
How to return or exchange a product:
- For purchases made in Ulta Beauty stores
Simply bring the item(s) you wish to return to any Ulta Beauty store and ask one of our associates to assist you in making a return--we'll be happy to help!
Product(s) returned within 60 days of the original purchase that include the original receipt (or can be verified in our system using your Ultamate Rewards member ID), will be fully refunded via the original form of payment. Otherwise, the refund will be made in the form of an in-store credit.
Products returned to stores that were purchased using an online payment service (i.e., PayPal, PayPal Credit) will be refunded to your preferred credit card or issued as a store merchandise credit.
If you would like to exchange a product for the same item, no payment is required - just bring it in and you're good to go. However, if you exchange for an item at a higher price point, you will need to pay for the difference in price and sales tax. Likewise, if you exchange for a different item at a lower price point, you will receive back the difference in price and sales tax.
- For purchases made online at ulta.com or using the Ulta Beauty App
An online or in-app purchase can be returned to us by mail or by bringing it to any one of our Ulta Beauty stores. Please note that shipping charges on your original order will not be refunded, unless the package was incorrectly shipped or you received defective merchandise.
Returning your online order to one of our stores
To avoid return shipping costs and speed up your refund, you may bring returned merchandise to any Ulta Beauty store.
Simply bring the item(s) you wish to return to the store with its original email order confirmation, packing slip and all original packaging materials. If you are unable to locate your email order confirmation, you can print it by logging in to your ulta.com account, selecting order status, and then selecting the order number shown on the bottom of the packing slip. You can also access it quickly in the app.
If you return the product within 60 days of the original purchase and it's accompanied by its original email order confirmation and packing slip (or can be verified in our system using your Ultamate Rewards member ID or ulta.com account information), you will receive your refund in the form of your original payment. However, if you originally used an online payment service (e.g., PayPal), your refund will be made to your preferred credit or debit card or issued as an in-store credit. In all other cases, the refund will be made in the form of an in-store credit.
Lose something? Online purchases returned to an Ulta Beauty store without the original email order confirmation and packing slip (or cannot otherwise be verified within our systems) are only eligible for exchanges or in-store credit at the lowest selling price at which the product was sold by Ulta Beauty during the 90-day period preceding the return.
Returning your online order by mail
To avoid return shipping costs and speed up your refund, you may return merchandise to any Ulta Beauty store (see Returning your online order to one of our Stores). However, if you choose to mail your return to Ulta Beauty, we ask that you cover the return shipping charges. We are unable to accept CODs for returned merchandise.
If you return a product within 60 days of the process date on the order packing slip, you will receive your refund in the form of your original payment. If payment was made with a store gift card, the refund will be issued in the form of an Ulta Beauty eGift card.
We know you're put together, so we recommend returning the product in the same shipping carton that you received it in. Please use the return mailing label printed on the packing list included in your shipping package, and address the return package to:
ulta.com Returns Center 1135 Arbor Drive Romeoville, IL 60446
Return all products to Ulta Beauty by ground-only shipping. Certain items in your order may be considered hazardous materials (HAZMAT). Hazardous materials include: aerosol items, some alcohol-based items, items that contain contents under pressure, and others (e.g., hairspray, nail polish and items containing flammable, volatile or corrosive chemicals). The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) requires ground-only shipment of Hazardous Materials due to air shipment restrictions and regulations.
We also recommend that you use a traceable ground shipping method (e.g. UPS or the U.S. Postal Service insured mail), so you can track your shipment back to us for a truly flawless return.
After we have processed your return and issued a refund, we'll let you know via email. You can also look up your return status online by logging into your ulta.com account and clicking on order status. If your refund is being applied back to a bank card or credit card, expect the credit to appear on your account within 7-10 days after you receive the notification email.
Ultamate Rewards points
- Rewards points earned on a product being returned will be deducted from your account.
- If you redeemed your rewards points to buy an item and then return it, those points will be immediately added back to your Ultamate Rewards balance.
- If you purchased multiple items in a transaction and you only return one item, you will have the proportionate number of points added back to your Ultamate Rewards balance. Those points will be available for use on your next transaction.
- You can always choose to exchange the item you purchased using points for something else in the store and receive the same discount.
- A service fee will be added for any check return unpaid by the bank. In accordance with state law, NSF checks may be submitted to your bank electronically.
- There is a 10-day waiting period required for returns.
Returned merchandise policy
Quality is very important to us. We take protecting the integrity of the products we sell very seriously. Ulta Beauty's policy does not permit the resale of used, damaged or expired products.
Our policies, training and procedures are aimed at ensuring that only the highest quality products are sold in our stores and online. Our associates are trained to inspect and then properly dispose of any returned items that have been used, damaged or expired. For more information, please click here.