PREP & HEAT:
- Remove cap and plastic disc from wax jar.
- Place jar in the center of a microwave-safe plate. Heating time varies with each microwave.
- Heat for 30 seconds on high setting.
- Carefully break the surface of the wax with a large applicator. You want to make sure to break the seal so that the wax does not overheat.
- If wax has not melted, reheat in 15-second increments until you can stir the wax so it takes on a thick/caramel-like consistency.
- DO NOT heat wax for more than a total of 1 minute, as wax may be too hot to apply.
- Remove the jar from the microwave carefully using the handle.
- Test wax temperature on the backside of your wrist before waxing.
READY TO WAX:
- Cleanse area to be epilated with GiGi Pre Hon cleanser and then pat thoroughly dry with tissue.
- Apply a small amount of GiGi Pre-Epilation Oil to area to be epilated.
- Holding the applicator at a 45 degree angle, apply a thick layer of wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Allow wax to cool on skin for 10 to 15 seconds until it becomes soft and pliable. Pro Tip: If wax is left on skin too long, it becomes brittle and hard to remove.
- Holding the skin taut, pull wax off in one quick motion in the opposite direction of hair growth, parallel to the skin.
- Immediately apply firm pressure to the epilated area with the cushions of your fingers to calm the skin.
AFTER WAX CARE:
- Apply GiGi Wax Off to remove any wax residue and to condition skin.
- Apply Post Wax Cooling Gel liberally to skin after waxing to help soothe irritation and redness.
- To maintain waxing results longer, smooth on GiGi Slow Grow, a hair minimizer, every day after showering.
Precautions: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Carefully read and follow the enclosed instructions. If wax should fall onto lashes, keep eyes closed. Apply a drop of petroleum jelly on area and remove with an eyebrow comb. Wipe with a moist tissue and then place a cotton swab at the corner of the eye to absorb residue. Test a small area on the backside of your wrist for temperature sensitivity. Do not use on irritated, cut or broken skin. Do not use inside nose, ears, on nipples, eyelashes, warts, and moles or near internal genital area. Do not use if you have varicose veins, diabetes, phlebitis, chapped, sore or sunburned skin, recent scar tissue, eczema or any skin disorder. Do not use if you are using Retin-A, Accutane, Glycolic Acid, and Alpha Hydroxy treatments. Do not use soaps or astringents for 2 hours after application. Avoid the sun, tanning and hot water for 8 hours before and after any hair removal treatment.