L'Oréal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara provides fanned out volume, featuring a breakthrough wing brush to lengthen, stretch and volumize every lash.
Aqua / Water / Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenyl Ethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Soluble Collagen, Panthenol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica CI 75470 / Carmine CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide.
I bought this long ago, and I have repurchased in the black and recently picked up in the color Black Brown 869. I absolutely LOVE this mascara! I'm the sort of gal with long lashes that naturally curl downward and I curl my lashes with an eye lash curler everyday. I also want to mention that this is NOT sponsored (aka free product, reward points, or other incentives) I just really love this product. With this in mind, I have my set requirements for a mascara, it has to:
(1) Make my lashes pop (aka darken) then, which this product does very well. It gives that ultra dramatic look you can't normally find at the drugstore -more on the drugstore vs Sephora/Ulta later.-
(2) Give me that voluminous look but still with that soft curl so that it doesn't look like my lashes stick straight out of my eye balls. Now this is usually a deal breaker for me which makes me want to throw away the mascara, because in my opinion this is the most important. This product does that so well that when I first put it on, it surprised me and I shared it with anyone who would listen.
(3) Last all day because I hate reapplying and I don't want to lug the thing around with me. I go to school and reapplying is just a pain, so this mascara covers that because at the end of the day, I'm practically scrubbing off the mascara with make up remover.
(4) Be completely clump free. Another important thing about mascaras to me. Now this product isn't COMPLETELY perfect and you'll get those few specs occasionally. However, I find that if you wipe down the mascara brush after using it a couple times it isn't much of a big deal.
(5) Could go with 2, but for my long straight down lashes is a biggie: curl and make my outer corner lashes look good and which I've mentioned before stick straight downward (which my lash curler isn't able to get more than half the time). The brush design specifically targets this issue with its unique triangular curved brush with thicker bristles at the end, and is the very main reason why I grabbed it off the shelf to try in the first place. Also the work it does for those specific lashes is one of the main reasons why I'm grabbing this mascara over all the other ones I have.
(6) Actually make me want to wear it, when compared to other mascaras from Sephora and Ulta. Now this is what surprised me the most about this product (only ~$9) is that it actually compares to my Roller Lash by Benefit (costs $24). I actually PREFER my Voluminous OVER the Benefit by the previous mentioned outer corner lashes problem.
(7) I have to rave about the brush now, it's amazing! It doesn't fall apart over time, and great for the outer corner lashes. Only small thing though, is that I feel like I can't get close enough to coat all my inner corner lashes due to the slight decrease in the bristle size towards the end of the mascara. Whenever I open the mascara there usually seems to be a massive amount of mascara on the end opposite the handle, but is easily solved for me by wiping the end off as it is pretty flat and won't fall apart due to its durability.
(8) Last a pretty long time. By this I mean that it won't dry out a month after opening. This product lasted me a pretty decent amount of time to the point where I had to throw it away because I couldn't remember when I bought it.
Also small side note, (if you're still reading this, give yourself a pat on the back for staying with me this far!) I have let my sister and mom borrow this mascara to see what they thought. Note: they both have thinner, smaller lashes than I do. They both love it just as much as I do, with the same reasons I do. I thought this would be important to mention due to the fact that some mascaras don't work for my thicker, downward lashes while some do on my sister and mom's thinner lashes, and vice a versa. This is the one mascara that we can all agree on is one of the best that you can find, period. All in all though, AWESOME product, and will repurchase until you stop making this version of the Voluminous Butterfly mascara.
I've been using the original Voluminous mascara for many years, and I've always loved it. However, it can be a little clumpy, and I wanted to shake things up. I figured this take on the original was a safe bet- A good way to try something new without wasting money. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a variation on a product I've adored since middle school. Boy was I wrong.
First, the pros: This stuff looks amazing on lashes. The brush takes a little getting used to, but it does a wonderful job of separating and defining, coating even the littlest lashes in the corners of eyes. This mascara adds volume and plenty of length without getting too clumpy. The best comparison I can make is doll eyelashes. Really dramatic and beautiful.
Now, the cons: This stuff looks amazing and stays put for about five minutes before it gets dry and starts to flake. Tiny black specs at first, only noticeable to the wearer. However, by four or five o'clock, the stuff has flaked all over my face and my under eyes are a black-flecked mess. I've had this problem every single day. But this isn't even the most disturbing part. The formula isn't the same as the original, and it BURNS my eyes. Not in an overly painful way, but still uncomfortable. My eyes are watering up and burning mildly by mid-afternoon, and they don't quit until I remove it. This doesn't help with my under eye situation, either- Now I've got dry flecks mixing with wet tears and... Well, you can imagine.
Maybe I got a bad tube, but I'm very disappointed. Can't wait to get back to the tried and true original.
I don't understand why L'Oréal makes so many mascaras with these fancy brushes that do not work well. The brush has only like 4 rows of bristles, which causes a whole lot of product to be applied and not enough bristles to grip/clean the product off, causing too much product to be applied to lashes causing a clumpy/messy effect. If it had a traditional bristle brush, it may have worked out. Returning. Also smudged under my eyes after a couple of hours.
10 days. That's exactly how long it took before the mascara started drying out and clumping. I bought another one with the same results. Years ago, mascaras lasted two months. This is ridiculous. I will not buy it again.
Perfect for that cat eye look! Usually use a different mascara along side this one and use this brush to comb through afterwards. Love it!
Did lengthen and separate my eyelashes very well, was not clumpy, but my eyelashes fell flat immediately. This mascara cannot hold a curl at all and my lashes were practically sticking straight down. I even tried drying out this mascara, but it did not work (even when I first opened it, this mascara was not very wet to begin with). I have not tried the waterproof version, but this regular version is not worth it because for me it is very important for mascara to hold a curl.
I've tried many mascaras but this is my favorite for the price and the quality. Stays on all day but easy to get off with one swipe of a makeup wipe and never takes any of my lashes with it. Always makes my lashes look long, I constantly get compliments on them. With this being said, I do have dark colored lashes so I'm not sure how well it'd work on blonde lashes, but for me it works perfect!