Size 4 ct|
Store & Pickup Availability
Rated 3.59 out of 5 stars
I just started shaving about a month ago and I was using my mom's spare that she never uses, and it was time to get my own. My sister already had a regular breeze, and I enveyed it. She could shave before school with just her razor, a cup of warm water, and a wet rag. She wasn't even in the shower! It took her almost no time at all, too. But I couldn't get the same razor as her, because then we would mix them up. I had no idea what razor to get! I knew I'd get a venus, though. When I got to the drug store, I found to my suprise a display of VENUS BREEZE IN PINK! My favorite color! I bought it and rushed home right away to try it out and WOW did it work! I didn't cut myself once! And I loved the smell of it, too. It never did I get such a clean shave with the regular Venus. I LOVE IT! Now I have it hanging in my shower, and whenever the blade dulls, I have two new ones in the holder! So conveinent! And my family has no room to store shaving gel in the shower, so it's always a pain to have to get out and grab it. With the gel in the razor, no more! When I read the reveiws here, I'm suprised even 2 people didn't like it! BUY THIS RAZOR!!!!!! And no, I am NOT hired to write this!
I have loved Venus products over the years. I tried this product and was so unhappy with it that it motivated me to toss it, send feedback to gillette, and register for this site to write this review. The only reason I'm not going to ask for my money back on the product is I love Venus products and I'll just consider this a "donation" purchase in the hopes that it funds a BETTER venus razor than this in the future.
I took the time to read some of the other reviews prior to writing this, just to make sure that it's "not just me". I find it interesting that the highest ratings are often by people who have never tried a venus product before (using cheap disposables, competing product, a man's razor, etc). So among ALL razors out there I'm sure the breeze is probably top notch... I just found it to be the weakest of the venus razors I've used, and I was MUCH happier with my vibrance, divine, or heck even just the original venus.
Problems I had with the razor include:
- The "docking station" (that's what I call them - the cartridge holders) for the breeze is really bulky compared to the other venus holders.
- The angle of the razor I didn't like. I'm used to the curve of other venus razors - they were just right. This one was too steep or something, I had trouble getting it right, resulting in cuts or missed hair
- I found it harder to keep a good grip on this razor when wet (I'm a shower shaver) compared to my previous venus razors. This compounded my problems with the angle.
- I didn't care for the texture of the gel too much, but that's minor
- What I DID care about though was as the gel bars wore down, they started to get this weird bumpy texture that is scratchy and uncomfortable on my skin. It doesn't look like the gel bars are worn down too much (thought maybe it's because it was "running low") I only used the thing three times! I think it's something about the way the gel erodes as it's used
- The quality of the blades didn't seem as good but that could just be me seeing things. I definately didn't get as close of a shave as I'm used to with venus products though :(
- Meanwhile the areas that I did manage to shave well got really really razor burned. Not what I'm used to from a venus! Maybe that's just me though, but I'll include that bit of feedback anyway.
- It says no shaving gel required...but what they should say is a flat out "don't use gel". I wasn't happy at all with the shave I was getting the first 2 times, so I tried to use it with a little from-the-bottle gel to see if it helped. All that succeeded in doing was making it so the razor couldn't actually get at my skin unless I pressed down so hard I was prone to cutting myself.
I tried to "tough it out" through the first razor head but the final time I shaved one leg, stopped, threw the whole thing away, and came in here to start writing this. I'll also be writing a positive review of the vibrance because at this point all this razor did is make me realize how much I loved the vibrance!
Blonde from Augusta, GA
Would buy again
Ozzie from Scottsdale, AZ
the blade is too padded for me. I knicked myself in 2 places. i also don't like how sticky the puffy part of these new blades are..they stick to everything. What was Gillette thinking? Obviously a woman didn't test the blade!
Clem_1990 from New York
This is a great product. Bought it for my wife, she loved it!
Mls8957 from Atlanta, GA
I have used these razor blades and each time they have been terrible. They do not get a close shave so an hour after use I'm prickly again. The comfort glide falls off after about 3 uses and is pointless. My mom used too and agreed. Don't waste $.
Aj from Houston, TX
Great for legs and bikini area
Faith kam from Saskatoon Saskatchewan
The first time I used it was wonderful clean smooth shave until a couple more days the moisture bars wore down so much that the top fell off maybe a week of using and the blades feel duller as well I was disappointed wish it held up longer!! < 3
Boymom from Clinton Indiana
Literally the only razor I will EVER use! No other razor comes close to it. Always makes for an incredibly close and smooth shave!
Tylar from MA
Super super smooth. You don't even need soap or shaving cream when using these (would still use it to make legs as smooth as possible). Kind of expensive but great for what you get. It's been a week since I've shaved and still don't have to shave yet.
ChiMarz2016 from Cary, IL
I like Venus but this is not the product I thought it was. I will not be purchasing this particular item again.
Tt from Schenectady, NY
I used to only get disposables but now I use these. I love this razor so much. My legs are silky smooth and I can't wait to use it every morning. This is a must for every woman looking for a good razor.
Rae22 from Ottawa, On
This is the worst razor ever. The 1st cartridge lasted for 4 shaves, then the gel bar fell off. The 2nd cartridge lasted 6 shaves. The razors and cartridges are expensive don't waste your money on it.
Vany from Pittsburgh
sdsd from sdsdd
:This product has great features:This product has great features:This product has great features
Hairy Mary from Charlotte NC
I have been using Venus razors and refills for years and have always been pleased with them. Spa Breeze razors are not the same quality as other Venus razors. they cut and nick my skin.
Bluemantis from Gettysburg, PA
I have never had so many nicks and cuts since I was a novice! My legs look like I had a part in a horror flick. This is a total waste of money especially at the prices Gillette is charging these days!
ReesieCHicks from Phoenix,AZ
Favorite razor blades! Smells good and lasts a month if kept dry after use.
Jolie from Atlanta
It comes with a holder that allows the razor to stick to the bathtub wall. It's perfect and the razor lasts me about 7 weeks
Berry42 from Dallas TX
Razor is really smooth with the gel coating feature. Doesn't seem to shave quite as close as some others.
Dr. Martin from Washington, DC
Love this razor!
chelseanw from Rockford il
I love it. Perfect for everyday use
ThatSonicGirl from Tallahassee, Fl.
My favorite brand of razors! Leaves smooth skin with no cuts!
kkr from Omaha NE
I use it in the shower. I like it because I don't have to buy shaving cream or mess with it.
Jojo from Dallas, TX
I usually wax but got lazy to go but my legs felt so smooth after using this! And it leaves a good scent. You don't need soap and is easy to use.
Chelle from Hurst, Texas
I used it in the shower, without shaving cream. And it left my skin so smooth.
Jen from Los Angeles
Seriously love this razor ! It has this amazing strip that makes it so I don't even need to use shave gel.