Rated 4.52 out of 5 stars
First off, I had to laugh when I found out I was getting shampoo for blonde hair. I do not have blonde hair. It is color-treated, but not blonde. I am still very much a brunette, though parts are lighter than others. So I cannot focus on the anti-brassy side of the shampoo too much.
Secondly, I want to state that I did receive this product in my VoxBox to try for my honest opinion. So let's get to it.
1. It is very blue, a pretty blue, but the kind that I usually see when I or a family member dyes their hair blue. I'm including pictures, so you can see it.
2. If you are sensitive to smells, this does not have a heavy perfume scent, to which I am grateful for. I am very scent sensitive.
3. It has a thicker consistency, so it does not feel like it is going to wash down the drain the moment it comes out of the bottle, which is nice.
4. Like I said above, I cannot speak as to whether or not it helped with the brassiness, so I will speak more on how it made my hair feel. I have course, curly hair that feels like a desert most of the time, no matter what I do to it. I am very careful how much I wash my hair and what products I use. Some dry my hair out in an instant (my hair did not need help with this), or helps really knot up my hair (again, my hair does not need help with this.) I am happy to say that this product did not do that to my hair. So bonus on top of getting my VoxBox. :o)
Now for the "cons."
1. It is very blue. I did an experiment to see whether or not it would dye my shower or my skin. (I know you all are picturing me just squeezing the bottle into my shower, but I did not do this) What I did do was I let the product sit in my hand for a minute before using it to see if it would dye my skin. The other thing I did was if it got in my shower, I would let it sit there for a little while to see if it stained (dangerous experiment I know. But who among us doesn't want a smurf bathroom? Haha) Anyway.
The results: It does not dye your skin, but it can dye underneath your fingernails and around the edges for a little bit, but it does come off pretty easily eventually. Your fingers just look cold for a minute. I'm pretty sure I took a picture of that. As for my shower, it does look like I am rinsing out my blue hair dye, but unlike my blue hair dye, it did not stain and cleaned really easy. I am happy to report that. And no, I do not have a smurf bathroom.
So my overall opinion, based on the above, I would give it a 4/5.
• I would rate the strength Cure Best Blonde Shampoo & Condition Packette compare to other products I have tried because it kept my blonde locks shiny.
• I wish I was sent a full size to see long term for my long hair results but I was sent super little packets like the one in the magazines for the Strength Cure Best Blonde Shampoo & Condition.
• I was aware of the Strength Cure Best Blonde Shampoo & Condition Packette before participating in this program.
• I don't know if I can recommend the Strength Cure Best Blonde Shampoo & Condition Packette to others since I was only sent super small magazine size packets to try halfway my hair. It seem to give me good shine.
Ang from Philadelphia
I have partial highlights with some brown and my hair gets extremely brassy. This is a really strong toner and works amazingly for me. Like others have said, its more purple-blue than purple, so might be too blue for bright blondes. A little goes a long way and it makes your hair soooo soft, especially if you have bleach damage. I wish it was cheaper, but its worth it for me. Best one ive ever tried by far. I leave it on for a few minutes.
Jo Betancourt from Miami, FL
This thick conditioner is really luxurious and starts working the minute you apply it. The smell is fantastic and I can tell the difference after every application!! In love.
Cristal from Midland tx
Conditioner has a weird smell. If I knew how it smelled I wouldn't have ordered it. Shampoo smells way better.
Emmi from undisclosed
I agree. Purple conditioner works. But the ingredients are cancer causing!
KERER from Baltimore, Maryland
This is a high quality product that helped keep my hair soft and reduced the brassy highlights, bringing out the yellow/ash blonde colors.
Jessica from Utah
This product has made it so I can completely stop using purple shampoo so now my hair isn't so dry. Plus I feel like I get a better result with the conditioner vs. the shampoo. It is a blue conditioner which some may not like. In my opinion the purple conditioners do nothing, so I prefer the blue. It gives a really clean bright blonde refresh to my hair. I never feel like it makes my hair grey or dull.
meganh9c12 from undisclosed
This was It's really nice it brought back much color in my hair and did not make it look dead or dried out. The combination of the conditioner and shampoo chimpoo is fantastic They worked perfectly together. Most most combination shampoos and conditioners loose unconditioners make your hair look terrible after after a few uses and this doesn't and this doesn't.
rachelk162 from undisclosed
I got free full size bottle of this. And I definitely noticed a huge difference in my hair. This conditioner made my hair so shiny and soft. I didn't think my hair could look so good.
Holly Z from Flagstaff, Arizona
High quality and makes my hair feel hydrated
Christiane from Minnesota
my hair feels good after using this product. I've only used it a couple of times. But am already loving it along with the rest of the purology products that I use
Rhode pvd from undisclosed
The word 'conditioner' is so tiny on the bottle that you need to squint hard. As someone who wears glasses this is impossible to see in the shower. Otherwise it appears identical to the shampoo bottle.
Tess from Austin
I am shocked at how bad this is. I remember the old perfect for platinum line so bought this thinking it was the replacement. I have never had a purple (BLUE) shampoo ruin my blonde highlights until this one. My blonde turned a dark hideous dull shade of IDK what - grey/blue? Terrible product.
Cait T from Houston, TX
I used a friend's Pureology set and was shocked at how soft and smooth it made my hair even though that particular formula wasn't quite right for my hair type. I needed to restock my shampoo and conditioner and decided to try this brand.
I selected the Strength Cure line because it has what I'm looking for: damage control, color protection, and hydration. I use the regular Strength Cure shampoo with the Strength Cure Blonde Purple conditioner.
I was shocked at *how* purple this conditioner is. I was expecting one of those pastel purple conditioners that doesn't really do the same job a purple or blue shampoo does but is a nice placebo for brass control. Pureology's purple conditioner is almost indigo, and it will definitely turn your hands and nails a bit blue for a few minutes.
That being said, I notice a marked difference in how vibrant my blonde looks after using. My natural hair pulls red as it grows out, clashing with the ashy tone of the bleached strands. I know it's time to see my hair sorceress when I've got coppery roots. Using this conditioner has really improved the cool tone of my hair, so I guess I'll have to actually set reminders to get my color retouched…
Beyond the color correction, this conditioner really leaves my hair soft and manageable. I have almost no tangles straight out of the shower. My natural waves are more defined and bouncy, and I can go outside in 90% humidity without turning into an immediate frizzball.
My one complaint is the scent. It smells like Play-Doh, which as a kid was fun but as an adult is not a smell I want lingering on my mane. Considering you have to leave this in for a few minutes to get the best results, the fragrance is a small torture. Overall, though, the results are worth it. The scent doesn't linger too badly, and I've been able to mask it with a leave-in conditioner.
For reference: I have longer dishwater blonde hair with a balayage. I was using Joico's Defy Damage line for shampoo and conditioner and the Blonde Life brightening mask, and while it did the job, I was still battling frizzy and coarse strands. The longer I used it, the less effective it seemed to be.
Armymom from Adirondacks,NY
The best purple Conditioner EVER,And I've tried them all, I leave on for 4-5 minutes and what a shine and takes out the brass and orange.I've got hard water and this combo is amazing
W from Madison, WI
Like some other reviews have already mentioned, this is more of a blue conditioner as oppose to purple. It just doesn't left the brassiness as well as a purple conditioner would. Did not work for me and my highlights.
Nballet from NC
Super rich product. It works so well and does an excellent job of keeping the brassy colors at bay.
amanda from new york
This conditioner smells nice, but the color is more of a blue than a purple. Because of this, it gives your highlights a purple tint. Not only that but if you use it anymore than once every other week, you will start to notice a grayish tone to your hair. I used dry bar before this never happened. I would recommend not using the shampoo that goes with this. Use a non-purple shampoo instead.
Unsatisfied customer from CO
I wouldn't be able to review this item as I had waited for it to arrive only to find out the website had mistakenly noted the product was available and when it finally did arrive (my shampoo) the conditioner was not in the packaging nor was an explanation as to why it was not there.
KKay from RI
I love this new conditioner. It has helped with keeping my blonde highlights from turning brassy. I would definitely recommend and purchase again.
Friend of Pureology from Iowa
Conditioner works well but left purple tint after continued use.
Traci J from undisclosed
Smells great and makes my hair extremely soft without weighing it down.
Amanda from Virginia
I have only purchased this one time and I'm already in love with this product? It's way worth the price you pay! Definitely will be purchasing again!
MCap from undisclosed
Made my hair flat. I like some volume and I find I have to wash my hair too often when I use this conditioner. I'm really sorry I bought such a large size.
Kaylin from Los Angeles, CA
Great product! Removed all brassieres in my hair and restored it to frosty blonde!
Fran from Lafayette
DO NOT ever buy this.
Turned my bath water blue
My scalp blue
Tinted my highlights blue