Wait! Before you start, do a patch test. Before using new beauty products always test for allergies and sensitivities. How? Apply a small amount of wax to your skin, wait 24 hours. If no redness or irritation occurs it¿s OK to go ahead and use the product.
General waxing tips for Parissa Salon Waxes (resin based waxes):
Do not bathe, wash or clean your skin before waxing. The skin¿s natural oils provide a buffer between wax and skin. Applying some talc (soft) powder to the area is an option, this can help keep the skin dry in warmer weather. Remove any wax left on skin with the Azulene aftercare oil included in the kit (or other gentle oils such as baby oil, mineral oil). Don¿t wax over the same area more than once during a single waxing session. Avoid waxing before or after strenuous exercise.
1. Warm the Wax Pen (if required)The wax is designed for use at room temperature. However, if you notice the wax is too thick or difficult to apply, some gentle warming will help. Use your hair dryer to gently warm the Waxing Pen for approximately 1 minute.
2. Twist Pen Slowly. Remove cap & slowly twist the wax pen. Try 20 `clicks¿ to start with. Go slowly or too much wax will come out!
3. Apply Wax . Apply wax in direction of hair growth. Apply a thin layer of wax. Hold skin taut. Push firmly to apply the wax to the brow area as the skin can be mobile.
4. Press on Strip. Firmly press on epilation strip onto the wax.
5. Zip off Strip (Immediately). Hold the skin taut. Remove strip in one quick movement. Remove in the opposite direction of hair growth. Pull back strip quickly backwards and along your skin. Don¿t pull straight up.
6. Clean Wax with Oil. Clean away any excess wax left on the skin with Azulene oil (or other gentle oils such as baby oil, mineral oil).
Precautions: Skin lifting, bruising or irritation can occur if wax is used improperly. Always follow Parissa's waxing instructions carefully. If in doubt, contact Parissa for additional tips or advice. Do not wax over the same skin area more than once within 24 hours. Do not wax skin treated with vitamin A derivatives such as Retin A, Isotretinoin (Accutane) or Glycolic Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid products. Do not wax sensitive, sunburned, irritated, broken or injured skin. Avoid waxing over varicose veins, moles, warts or other skin irregularities.