To turn the iron on/off, press the Power button. When the iron is turned on, the LCD will show the default setting of 360 F. Use the +/- button to select your desired temperature. Press the Mode button 1x to set the auto shut-off time (defaulted at 60 minutes). Use the +/- button to adjust the time (range: 0-120 minutes). Press the Mode button 2x to switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Use the +/- button to adjust the temperature. Press the Mode button 3x to return to Fahrenheit. Use the +/- button to adjust the temperature.
Precautions: Every appliance is electrically live, even when the switch is off. When not in use, always unplug the iron to prevent the risk of fire. To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons and/or personal property:
- Use the iron only for the purpose described in this guide to prevent accidents, damage, or malfunction.
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Avoid multiple cables to a plug or use of an extension cord to prevent starting a fire from overheating.
- Keep away from water to prevent fire, electric shock, damage, or malfunction.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not handle the iron or cord with wet hands, as this may cause electric shock.
- Do not leave the iron in a position where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not wrap the cord around the iron.
- Never place or insert objects on the iron plates due to the risk of causing fire, accidents, or malfunction.
- Do not operate where oxygen is being administered to avoid the risk of fire.
- Do not use when cord has been damaged or if plug is loose.
- Do not repair, tamper with, or try to reconstruct the iron, otherwise electric shock, malfunction, or accidents may result.
- When inserting or pulling out the plug, hold the plug firmly to prevent the cord from peeling and to prevent accidents or malfunction.
- Stop using immediately if you smell an offensive odor. If ignored, it could cause a fire or other accidents.
- Do not keep the iron in a damp place, such as a bathroom, or it may malfunction.
- Stop using the iron and remove from the power source when there is an earthquake or thunder.
- Unplug the iron from the power source when cleaning or wiping to prevent fire or electric shock.
For the safe use of the iron, check the following daily:
- Check the cord and surface of the cord. Never use if any parts are cracked, split, torn, or damaged.
- Check the plug and never use if cracked, split, or damaged.
- Check the plug pins and never use if transformed or damaged.
- Check the controller and do not use if cracked, split, broken, or damaged.
- When not in use, clean and dry the entire iron and store in a cool, dry place.
- When ready to use, follow the directions for daily maintenance.
Daily Cleaning: To keep the plates clean, unplug the iron from the power source. Once the plates are cool, wipe them down after each use with a hot, damp towel. Do not wipe the iron with thinner, benzene, gasoline, lamp oil, and other solvents or chemicals, as that may cause accidents or malfunction, or damage the iron and void the warranty.