- Before attempting to separate strips make sure the wax is evenly coated on both sides. On cold days and if the strips are brittle, hold them between your hands and rub for 10 seconds to warm. In hot climates place in the refrigerator for a minute before use. Grip onto both edges and slowly separate strips. Use one strip at a time. Place the other strip aside making sure it does not come into contact with clothing. If you have finished waxing and have half a double strip remaining, fold the strip in half so the wax is sealed for future use.
- Determine the direction of the hairgrowth. Grip on to the edge to avoid sticky fingers and to ensure easy removal. Place the strip firmly on the area to be waxed making sure the hair is thoroughly covered in wax.DO NOT WAIT. HOT LEGS COOL GEL WAX STRIPS SHOULD BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.
- Ensure the skin is taut either by tightening your muscles or by holding the skin firmly with one hand. Grip on to the edge, pull the strip BACK quickly in the OPPOSITE direction of hair growth as close to the skin as possible. Continue to use the same strip until it is no longer effective. How many times you will be able to use each strip will vary according to each individual skin type and condition. The area waxed may appear slightly pink after waxing and a tingling sensation may be felt. This is normal and will diminish within 24hours. It is usual for follicles in waxed areas to bleed a little. Apply a cold compress to reduce inflammation if this occurs.
Any wax left on the skin may be removed by:
- Applying the same strip.
- Folding the strip and dabbing the printed side repeatedly on the treated area until all traces of wax are removed.
- Using HOT LEGS AFTER WAXING OIL with Tea-Tree Oil. This quality antiseptic lotion conditions the skin and is perfect for removing wax residue. It also helps prevent in-grown hairs and bacteria from causing pustules and pimples.