Moist, smooth lips hold color best. Stay pucker-pretty by following these basic tips for healthy lips.
1. Trace a pencil around your lips - then fill lips in - to define their shape.
2. Apply a plush, matte lipstick
3. Press a tissue on your lips to set color and remove excess oils.
4. Can't find a mirror to re-apply? A lipgloss, like Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers, is a great quick fix when you're on the go.
Moist, smooth lips hold color best. Avoid over-exposure to the sun, which can dry your lips the way it dries the rest of you. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, we suggest NatureLuxe Gloss Balm with SPF 15.
How to Pick a Color
Here are a few things to consider when searching for the hue that's really you.
• Quiet pinks and sheer textures are ideal for warm weather; creamy dark wines and plums are ripe for winter.
• Olive skin looks best in light browns with warm tones, or dark brownish-reds. Stay away from pinks or orange-reds!
• Fair complexions fare well with shades that have a warm pink or peachy glow, or dramatic reds with a bluish tint.
• Dark skin is flattered by deep reds with blue or purple tones, or deep reddish-browns. Avoid pinks or orange-reds!
Lip Makeup Tip
Here's a tip to help keep your lip color looking freshly-applied: keep lipstick from seeping outside the lip line by tracing a swab dipped in loose, translucent powder just outside the perimeter of your lips before and after applying lip color.