Get the secrets to smoky eye makeup and more shadow tricks.
Get an easy, colorful smoky eye in just 2 stops with SmokyShadow Blast. First, apply the rounded-tip color to the eye from the lash line to the browbone. Then, use the tapered-top shade along the lash line and crease for added definition and drama.
1. Stand 6 inches away from a mirror and tilt your chin up, so that when you look down your nose into the mirror, you can see your entire eyelid.
2. Dab concealer or dust translucent powder on your upper lids. Blend well with a sponge or lightly pat with a fingertip to cover veins and prevent creasing.
3. Soften the pencil top by rolling it between your fingers.
4. Gently pull your eyelid taut at an upward angle. Beginning at the inner corner, draw small, connected dashes along the top lashes. Be sure to stay close to the roots so there is no skin visible between the lashes and the liner. To make eyes look bigger, extend the liner slightly beyond the outer corners.
5. Brush a matching powder shadow on top of the liner to keep it from rubbing off.
6. Soften the line with a sponge tip or cotton swab by rubbing it slightly up and out at the corners.
1. Clamp an eyelash curler at the root of your upper lashes and hold for five seconds. Repeat on the middle of lashes and again near the tips.
2. To go to great lengths, place curler along the upper lashline. In a slow, even motion, go from roots to tips.
3. For tickness, hold brush as close as possible to base of lashes, and wiggle it as you move it up through lashes. This motion helps get every lash. Let mascara dry for ten seconds, the replace brush at base, and wiggle again as you move up the lashes.